What Happens With Custody Order Interferences

My Ex Has Custody of our Daughter and I Have Visitation Rights. Ex Skipped Out of the State Without Informing Me of Her Whereabouts. The Custody Agreement Says She Cannot Leave Without My Permission and the Courts. What Are My Options?

You can return to court, have her cited for criminal contempt of court, and take the contempt papers to the D.A.'s office to begin the arrest and extradition of your ex and child back to your state. The ex-wife goes to jail, and you get your child.

Under a Court Order, I Give My Kids to My Ex for 4 Weeks in the Summer. Do I Have the Right to Deny Him Those Weeks Because They are in Conflict with the Days I Would Like?

You do not have any right to deny him his court-ordered days because they happen to clash with your preferred time slot. Perhaps you can reach an agreement between yourselves in this one situation.

My Ex Does Not Deliver our Teenage Son at the Scheduled Times/Days. How Do I Go About Enforcing the Schedule as Worked Out in the Court Degree?

One approach is to have an attorney send a "lawyer's letter" on your behalf to the dad explaining that dad doesn't get to decide when you see the boy; the court does. This provides a little muscle to show you are serious and that you've gotten a lawyer involved. If the ex is reasonable, he/she may think twice. If dad doesn't show up, the attorney can file a motion for contempt, asking for attorney fees and costs as a sanction.

Also, each time dad doesn't deliver the boy, call the police and ask them to accompany you to the house to get the boy. (Take a certified copy of the visitation order.)

My Husband's Ex is Mad at Him and Therefore Doesn't Let Me See His Child at the Court Appointed Times, Though They Both Have Legal Joint Custody. She Tells Him that She Doesn't Trust Him. Can We Just Go and Pick Up the Child From School?

Under no circumstances pick up the child at school. You will be subject to arrest. You can only take the child when the husband's ex turns over the child to you. If she fails to do so on the appointed date and time, she's in contempt of court.

Your attorney can file an emergency petition with the court to bring her before the court to explain to the judge why she hasn't relinquished custody pursuant to court orders and shouldn't be sanctioned in some manner by the court. Excuses such as "I don't trust you" or "I don't like him" won't win the day for her. The fact remains that there are court orders in place, and unless she's in the hospital or for some other extremely good reason, she had better think before keeping the child away from husband and disobeying a court's order.

Random Image

The information contained on or provided through this site is provided as general information that may or may not reflect the most current legal developments. This information is not intended to constitute, and should not be considered, legal advice. It is not intended to substitute for obtaining legal advice from competent, independent, legal counsel in the relevant jurisdiction. Transmission of the information is not intended to create, and receipt does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. Users should not act or rely on this information and should seek specific guidance directly from an attorney regarding any legal questions or problems they may have. Use of this site and any information contained on or provided through this site is at your own risk and any information contained on or provided through this site is provided on an "as is" basis without any representations or warranties.